Friday, May 6, 2011

One Last Time

Hey guys!! Jessica here...

Loved hearing about all of the group's success over the year :) It's been fun!
I think that this whole experience has been very enriching for us as a whole and I think that we will take a lot away from it, I know I will.  I have learned a lot of things, from leadership skills in class to what its like working at a daycare.  I have really loved living in these houses.  They're very nice (especially with free laundry and dishwasher lol).  I think that the best part has been how great of a little community it has been.  I feel, at least I hope, that they have enjoyed our help and support.  I think that we have really helped them and the kids enjoyed us being there.
If we had not had the chance to live here, we would probably be in Sunderland... so needless to say this is way better.  I feel like we have gotten a chance to "grow up" a little living in apartments rather than dorms.  I think that this experience has been great and I personally wish we would have chosen like the humane society or something fun with animals (I would have liked that).  But I really enjoyed working with the kids at lighthouse.  For future people, I would say just pick somewhere that you will enjoy working with and have fun doing.  Just enjoy the experience!

Thanks,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment